Monday, April 26, 2010

Quite Contrary Mary: The Arrogance Of Louisiana's U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu

This email has been going viral on the net for the past week. I got it on the first day that it started circulating but I wanted to verify the information so I contacted the author of the original email and Mr. Greg Hamer replied that indeed, the content of the email was accurate.

I have also forwarded this email to ALL of my politicians using the FREE and easy to use Tea Party Citizen Action Center.

So... here it is folks!!!

From: Greg Hamer

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:34 PM

To: All Employees

Subject: FW: Read it and show it to your kids.

It matters not if you are liberal or conservative… We all had better start to pay attention to this lesson.

I was in Washington DC yesterday. With 20 other restaurateurs we visited with the Louisiana congressional delegation. We had an enlightening talk with United States Senator Mary Landrieu, if you’re interested in what a member of the Democratic leadership of the Senate had to say to her constituents, then read on.

Talking directly to me because of a question I asked her, concerning the fact that we will be forced to shrink our workforce and lay off several hundred employees if Obamacare takes effect she put me in my place. She said the following:

· We are paying for your employees health insurance now, if you cannot stay in business and pay for them, then we will just continue to pay for them after you are out of business. I think she really believes she is paying for it…she forgets that we…you and I are paying for it.

· We believe people need insurance more than jobs. I seriously doubt the folks I will have to terminate will agree with that, especially since I pointed out to her that many employees in hospitality are otherwise unemployable since they are unskilled and their alternative is welfare.

· The law does not differentiate between companies in industries with single digit profit margins like hospitality and industries with much higher profit margins... you have to learn to deal with it.

· If you don’t like the bills we are passing then elect others.

· The bill is law, I do not want to discuss it, deal with it.

As God be my witness that is what she told us… of course I am not quoting her, we were all in too much shock to remember her exact words. But this is from a Senator with 5 more years in office, and the arrogance was unbelievable.

Everyone is for Health Reform, but if the cost is putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work, surely we can find a better way. Everyone is for helping our environment, but if the cost is putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work, surely we can find a better way. If you believe the cost being forced on businesses by our current regime in power is not going to be passed on to the consumers--- and that is you and I--- then you need to stop and take another look.

When government action causes the things I buy to go up, they may not call it increasing taxes…but the effect is just the same.

I hope you will find the item below informative…because you had better believe that is where the Democratic Party is trying to take us. And if you believe as I believe that what they are doing is going against what America stands for, then you have one final chance to stop this madness and it comes in November. Go out and vote for a Conservative so they can first STOP the madness and then begin to curb it.


Greg

And now my email to Mr. Greg Hamer and his reply...

-----Original Message-----

From: LNVTM1-Lenny Vasbinder

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:58 AM

To: Greg Hamer

Subject: FW: A note from Greg Hamer on visit to Mary Landrieu in D.C.

Mr. Greg Hamer,

I got the below email as part of a Yahoo Group and while this email should not have been forwarded to the particular group since it is way off topic, since I live in the metro New Orleans area and I am stuck with Quite Contrary Mary, I would like to verify if this is true or not. You may not have intended for your email to potentially go viral on the net but it seems to be out there and forwarded to LOTS of people. I do not forward or publish things on my blog without checking them out first so I wanted to drop you this short email.

Lenny Vasbinder, Editor
http://lennyvasbinder.blogspot.com/

----------------------------

From: Greg Hamer [mailto:ghamer@bgfood.com]

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:39 PM

To: LNVTM1-Lenny Vasbinder

Subject: RE: A note from Greg Hamer on visit to Mary Landrieu in D.C.

I thank you for verifying the message. I have attached the original message I sent to my employees after our visit with the Senator. I have no idea how this thing took off as it has. I send a lot of messages to my employees, I have never known one to take off like this.


Greg

---------------

I will be adding any replies that I receive from my *esteemed* (cough, cough) politicians.

Here is the confirmation email from the Tea Party Citizen Action Center

-----Original Message-----
From: donotreply@votervoice.net [mailto:donotreply@votervoice.net]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:21 PM
To: Leonard Vasbinder
Subject: Confirmation of: Quite Contrary Mary: The Arrogance Of Louisiana's U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu

***Please do not reply to this email--this confirmation simply lets you know that your message was sent.***

Leonard Vasbinder:

Your message has been sent to the following recipients:

* President Barack Obama
* Vice President Joe Biden
* Senator Mary Landrieu
* Senator David Vitter
* Representative Steve Scalise
* Governor Bobby Jindal
* Lt. Governor Mitchell Landrieu
* Secretary of State Jay Dardenne
* Attorney General Buddy Caldwell
* Senator Conrad Appel
* Representative Kirk Talbot


The content of your message is as follows:

Dear [The message(s) you sent had each recipient's name here]:

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ARROGANCE OF SENATOR MARY LANDRIEU???? THE FOLLOWING EMAIL IS SELF EXPLANATORY AND I HAVE VERIFIED THIS EMAIL TO BE ACCURATE AND NOT AN INTERNET HOAX!!!

From: Greg Hamer

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:34 PM

To: All Employees

Subject: FW: Read it and show it to your kids.

It matters not if you are liberal or conservative... We all had better start to pay attention to this lesson.

I was in Washington DC yesterday. With 20 other restaurateurs we visited with the Louisiana congressional delegation. We had an enlightening talk with United States Senator Mary Landrieu, if you're interested in what a member of the Democratic leadership of the Senate had to say to her constituents, then read on.

Talking directly to me because of a question I asked her, concerning the fact that we will be forced to shrink our workforce and lay off several hundred employees if Obamacare takes effect she put me in my place. She said the following:

- We are paying for your employees health insurance now, if you cannot stay in business and pay for them, then we will just continue to pay for them after you are out of business. I think she really believes she is paying for it...she forgets that we...you and I are paying for it.

- We believe people need insurance more than jobs. I seriously doubt the folks I will have to terminate will agree with that, especially since I pointed out to her that many employees in hospitality are otherwise unemployable since they are unskilled and their alternative is welfare.

- The law does not differentiate between companies in industries with single digit profit margins like hospitality and industries with much higher profit margins... you have to learn to deal with it.

- If you don't like the bills we are passing then elect others.

- The bill is law, I do not want to discuss it, deal with it.

As God be my witness that is what she told us... of course I am not quoting her, we were all in too much shock to remember her exact words. But this is from a Senator with 5 more years in office, and the arrogance was unbelievable.

Everyone is for Health Reform, but if the cost is putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work, surely we can find a better way....

(continued at blog - http://LennyVasbinder.blogspot.com which also includes verification and confirmation emails between Mr. Greg Hamer and I.)

Sincerely,

Leonard Vasbinder

-------------------

It took a while but I finally got a reply from Quite Contrary Mary... I couldn't include the attachment that was sent along with the reply email but I did create three images, of the three page PDF file, which I've embedded at the bottom of this blog post.

-----Original Message-----

From: Bruckner, Caroline (SBC) [mailto:Caroline_Bruckner@sbc.senate.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:11 PM
To: lnvtm1@gmail.com
Subject:

Hello. I thought you may be interested to read Senator Landrieu’s letter to the Louisiana Restaurant Association and a news release from the National Restaurant Association thanking the Senator for her leadership on small businesses issues during the health care debate.

You may also be interested to read the Times-Picayune story on the Senator’s recent meeting with the Louisiana Restaurant Association. http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/04/sen_mary_landrieu_stands_firm.html . This passage, including the quote from Louisiana Restaurant Association President, Jim Funk, is particularly insightful:

The focus of the conversation with the restaurant owners, and of Landrieu's efforts in the crafting of the health care bill, was on the impact on small businesses. Landrieu chairs the Senate Small Business Committee, and Louisiana Restaurant Association President Jim Funk gave her credit for improving the bill -- "the senator was very helpful in making it not as difficult for us" -- even though the association, like its national parent organization, opposed passage.

Funk said he left the meeting delighted by word from Landrieu that she felt that the Employee Free Choice Act, also known as "card check," which is backed by labor unions to facilitate organizing efforts, was not going anywhere this Congress and "she hasn't signed on as a co-sponsor. We were very, very pleased."

All in all, Funk said, "it was a good meeting -- a good, open, frank conversation."

Please pass this correspondence along to anyone who may be interested.

Kind regards,

Caroline Bruckner
Counsel
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
United States Senate
Sen. Mary Landrieu, Chair
428A Russell Senate Office
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: 202.224.5175
Email: Caroline_Bruckner@sbc.senate.gov

---------------

My reply to Sen. Landrieu's office...

-----Original Message-----
From: LNVTM1 - Lenny Vasbinder [mailto:lnvtm1@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:25 PM
To: 'Bruckner, Caroline (SBC)'
Subject: RE:

Ummmm... you can try to spin this any way you want but I have personally been in touch with Mr. Greg Hamer and I believe him over a lying assed politician any day. Here's my blog article on the subject.

http://lennyvasbinder.blogspot.com/2010/04/quite-contrary-mary-arrogance-of.html

The Landrieu's have been a political hack machine family for WAY TOO LONG in Louisiana and it's time to put them out to pasture. Unfortunately, New Orleans didn't have a NOTA (NONE OF THE ABOVE) choice on the Mayoral election or Mitch wouldn't have won that either.

I only wish that Quite Contrary Mary was up for re-election in November so we could vote her Obama-ass-kissing ass out of office sooner.

At least she'll be off the public teat in five years!!!!

I'm glad you gave me the heads up about them two associations that back her. I'll make sure that any restaurants I go to are not members... and if they are, the owner will hear about where their association dues are going... into Mary's pocket... or maybe her freezer???

Lenny Vasbinder, Editor
http://lennyvasbinder.blogspot.com/

---------------

YOU CAN CLICK ON THE BELOW IMAGES TO SEE THEM LARGER AND AT A READABLE SIZE








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

World Flag Counter added 04/14/2010 and U.S. Flag added 04/26/2010, so the numbers are WAY low.

free counters Free counters!

Followers