Wednesday, October 21, 2020

MeteoBlue Compared To Weather Underground For Daily Forecast Information

By: Leonard Lenny Vasbinder

October 21, 2020

====================

Today's deals on my Amazon Store -- https://amzn.to/3jjWa1e

Thanks for shopping through my store. I do earn a very small commission on your purchases but it doesn't cost you anything extra.

=====================

Since I have an off-grid solar system, I like to know how much sun I will be getting each day so I will know if I should be more stingy with my power use or if I'll have to plug into the grid, or when RV'ing, have to run my generator.

Obviously, where I am located in the New Orleans burbs, I pretty much have sun from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the Fall/Winter and a couple hours more during the Spring/Summer but I also use MeteoBlue Weather and Weather Underground for forecasts because they both give information about how much actual sun I'll be getting that day and included in the 7-10 day forecasts.  

Here is MeteoBlue's screenshot. Besides all of the usual weather info, there is the Sun icon with how many hours of sun each day.  For Wednesday, it shows "Sun Icon 7 h" for seven hours of sun.  The next day is only four hours, then zero hours, etc.  I'm presuming they are factoring in the cloud cover, rain, etc.


















Here is the Weather Underground 10-day forecast.  While it doesn't show an actual time for how much sun, there is the bottom graph that shows how much cloud cover, the chance of rain, etc. that they forecast with the gray color on the graph indicating clouds.



























Hope this helps some other off-grid solar system users.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

World Flag Counter added 04/14/2010 and U.S. Flag added 04/26/2010, so the numbers are WAY low.

free counters Free counters!

Followers